Tourism Career Goal
At the start of the semester if you had asked me what my career goal was in the Tourism Industry, all I would have been able to tell you was that I wanted to work in a role that involved overseas travel or working overseas. Now that I have been learning a about travel and Tourism for the last 4 months I now have a clearer idea of what I want to achieve in my career and have a basic set of goals to achieve.
I have always had interests in history, culture and environment/conservation. And I have never really been drawn to travelling to places for shopping or luxury experiences. As a child I grew up camping and going on road trips with my family. And as an adult my holidays have involved volunteer work in wildlife conservation in Thailand (International student volunteers-www.isvolunteers.org/). And basic tours through Central America and Peru-which involved using local transport, basic accommodation and home stay experiences.
Essentially my goals are to eventually work in a role associated with an Ecotourism project or an Eco lodge. But I am aware that I will most likely need to work in other roles first and maybe pursue further study.
No comments:
Post a Comment